Provide management and leadership for allocated resources to enable delivery of the IT services that enable Ageas to achieve its goals.
To lead the team, and coordinate the test processes to allow the successful implementation of business solutions that enable user departments to meet their business objectives.
To support and deliver change initiatives, ensuring that test activities are compliant with Ageas testing, audit, security and regulatory requirements.
To play a role in the wider testing function and IT department, including contribution to developing and implementing appropriate standards, processes and risk management.
To support R&D and innovation in the way we work.
Support and Mentor Test Analysts and Junior Test Analysts.
Where required, management and tracking of expenditure and budgets and assisting with the preparation of budget submissions.
Dimensions – Job Statistics
- Responsible for leading the delivery of IT testing for an allocated team.
- Up to circa 5 direct reports
- Income – To support delivery of the Ageas UK MYB
- Support the management of the Testing function budget
- Based at an Ageas office in the UK. Business travel may be required.
- Delivery in terms of timescale, cost, quality
- Promotion of One Ageas values and behaviour
- Demand management and prioritisation measures
- Employee retention and engagement
- Continuous improvement
- Provide leadership and direction to an IT Testing team, creating an environment where employees are engaged and motivated to deliver their role and achieve functional and organisational objectives.
- Ensure delivery of effective people management processes and strategies within own Team and in collaboration with wider Test and IT teams, including performance management as well as capability and competency development for team members. Lead and mentor team members and allocated business resources.
- Be a testing Subject Matter Expert (SME), informing and educating team members, stakeholders, clients and 3rd party suppliers on testing issues and subjects. QA’ing team activities and deliverables.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Ageas Test Policies, Test strategies and appropriate test processes.
- Work with the Test Team Leader, test team and wider test community, and engage with customers, stakeholders and suppliers to ensure IT delivery and testing is focused on meeting the business requirements of time cost and quality.
- Run a personal portfolio of test assignments, using the agreed processes and procedures and meeting the business expectations of time cost and quality, dealing with issues in a timely manner.
- Work to the Ageas testing principles using the appropriate test tools and where applicable Third Party test resources. Ensure that the defined Testing processes and procedures are followed
- Maintain own knowledge and awareness of Testing theory and practice. Proactively look for opportunities to self-develop and meet the agreed competencies of an Ageas Senior Test Analyst.
- Develop own knowledge and awareness of testing methods and processes.
- Ensure that the requirements of all relevant Ageas policies are met including but not only TCF, Data Protection, Health and Safety.
- Look to identify opportunities to increase operating efficiencies and profitability as well as implementation of best practices and process improvements in testing.
- To assume such responsibilities or undertake such activities for the Company or any associated company as the Shareholders may require from time to time.
- Ensure behaviours are consistent with Ageas and IT values.
Knowledge, skills and experience
We're a leading provider of award-winning insurance solutions in the UK, distributing our Personal and Commercial products through brokers, intermediaries, affinity partners and the internet. We have two consumer brands – Back Me Up and RIAS – and partner with some of the nation’s most well-known brands, such as John Lewis, Virgin Money and General Motors. We also hold a 50.1% share in Tesco Underwriting, providing home and motor insurance to Tesco Bank customers. Insuring around five million customers and working with a range of partners, we are recognised for delivering consistent and high-quality customer experiences. We employ around 4,000 people with offices based across the UK.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy as an Assistant Finance Business Partner with Ageas:
We offer a range of flexible benefits options - such as a company pension, 23 days’ holiday (you can buy or sell up to 5 days), a car lease scheme, life assurance, and an annual bonus. Our people receive childcare vouchers and enjoy discounts on company products and with a wide range of retailers & gyms.