Ageas are currently looking for a Senior Commercial Schemes Underwriter based out of our America Square office in central London.
The successful person will have experience of commercial schemes and account portfolio underwriting and will ensure that commercial underwriting guidelines are set, monitored and managed to achieve the departmental goals and strategy.
As a Senior Commercial Schemes Underwriter, you will support commercial management and other senior commercial technical staff in account management work, whilst also mentoring and coaching scheme underwriters to write profitable commercial schemes business to meet the commercial strategy and business objectives.
Responsibilities of the Senior Commercial Schemes Underwriter:
- Manage the effective assessment and completion, within required timescales, of new scheme propositions including analysis of financial data, claims data, pricing, policy wordings, reinsurance requirement assessment, underwriting acceptance and claims handling requirements, to achieve business strategy and objectives.
- Manage the technical and development aspect of the schemes team to promote the acquisition of new propositions through underwriting of new business leads and opportunities received within the jobholders personal underwriting authority.
- Manage the auditing, monitoring, analysis and review of live schemes to an agreed level and within the procedures set for management of scheme performance.
- Ensure that underwriting guidelines and procedures are in place, followed, monitored and reviewed, to ensure the commercial strategies, philosophies and objectives are achieved and planned for and regulatory requirements are met. Carry out the technical review process and ensure actions are reviewed and addressed.
- In conjunction with the Commercial Schemes Controller ensure that effective technical training programmes and coaching requirements for the Underwriters are identified and actioned.
- Ensure development of profitable relationships with brokers and broking groups. Liaise with Business Account Executives, Commercial Schemes Manager, Commercial Fleet Manager and Commercial Trading Manager where required on larger ‘key accounts’ to ensure maximum impact for development.
The Senior Commercial Schemes Underwriter needs to have:
- In depth up to date underwriting experience in Property and Liability, as well as other general classes across a wide variety of products and trades.
- The ability to be a skilful communicator, negotiator and relationship builder, with proven experience of these skills in a technical commercial insurance environment.
- Numerical proficiency, dealing with the analysis of scheme financials as well as underwriting and reporting data.
- Ability to assess technical risk and business propositions, making decisions at the highest level on all aspects of products within strategy and on cover outside of those products.
- Proficiency in policy and endorsement wording review and drafting
- A good understanding of the regulatory and Commercial insurance environment.
- Good account development experience and skills, enabling the individual to be able to interpret the strategies required to achieve the objectives laid down in the plan.
- ACII/Diploma or equivalent technical insurance qualification