Tesco Underwriting are currently looking for a Senior Actuarial Analyst based out of our Reigate office.
The successful person will support the Actuarial department in the delivery of a comprehensive actuarial service; in particular providing assistance in the production and analysis of management information and statistics.
One of the main functions of the Senior Actuarial Analyst is to support the capital modelling team by working on ad-hoc projects, annual documentation update, stakeholder management and quarterly model calibration.
Key to the success of this position is to develop and maintain a range of internal relationships, in particular Underwriting, Risk, Claims and Finance colleagues.
Key Accountabilities for the Senior Actuarial Analyst:
- Assist in capital and investment related analysis, and the assessment of capital requirements; ensuring the business meets internal and regulatory requirements (PRA), including Solvency 2.
- Using appropriate actuarial and statistical methods to assist in the production of reports as required by the Actuarial department.
- Develop, implement and maintain spreadsheet’s and other financial modelling e.g. reconciliation spreadsheet’s for profit and loss analysis
- Assist and own the quarterly internal model and standard formula calibration and QRT reporting along with one off ORSA tests
- Play a pivotal role in the model development, documentation update and reporting.
- Support the capital team in the update and refinement of the IMAP documentation
- Lead smaller projects applying effective project management skills.
- Develop, improve and run the TU’s Partial Internal Model (using Remetrica).
- Communicate/present results to the senior management e.g. Chief Actuary, CRO, etc.
- Develop, implement and maintain spreadsheet’s and other financial modelling tools, in particular integrating VBA macros, to enable a high degree of automation.
- Development of an R&D type analysis supporting the improvement of the actuarial function.Person
Specification (what we look for in a Senior Actuarial Analyst)
- Educated to degree level in a mathematical, statistical, financial or scientific discipline.
- Hold or be significantly progressed towards holding a recognised actuarial qualification.
- Ability to use statistical tools and modelling techniques to analyse, and report on complex data and identify trends. Experience of Remetrica would be preferable.
- Ability to handle complex calculations and comfortable dealing numerical data.
- Proven experience of having worked in an actuarial/risk/financial environment, particular knowledge of capital modelling work would be beneficial.
- Ability to think logically as well as laterally; evidence of good investigative and analytical skills, and sound judgement and decision making.
- Strong data processing as well as in-depth experience of using Microsoft Excel software.
- A motivated, self-starter, able to organise self and prioritise work activity to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely through different mediums.
- Intellectually agile, able to think laterally and exercise sound judgement and decision making