Household Claims Handler (Full Time or Part Time)
About the role
At Ageas, we will always look for ways to help our customers when they make a claim; offering choices and creating solutions to make things easier, not harder, when they’re already having a stressful time. This makes working in our claims team a more satisfying and rewarding experience. You’ll listen carefully to our customers, finding out what’s important to them throughout their claim so the solutions we offer will fit their individual needs. This role can either be full time or part time and will involve some weekend work.
- As well as the customer, you’ll talk to Ageas’ network of suppliers and relevant third parties to provide a high quality claims service that’s continuously improving.
- You’ll decide on liability; making sure we comply with all regulatory and internal controls.
- You’ll have the freedom and support to make decisions on a wide variety of Household Claims ranging from the relatively small and simple to the larger, more complex situations.
- Our emphasis on quality means that from the moment a customer calls to make a claim you will be giving them all the time, care and attention needed at the time they need it most.
- Experience of working within insurance/financial services can be helpful, but it’s by no means essential; we’re especially interested in your initiative and customer service skills.
- You’re the sort of person who will take what you have learned about the customer’s needs and apply common sense and creative thinking to find a solution that works well for the customer and the business.
- You’ll be given full training initially, with ongoing support and development in the live team environment which means you’ll have confidence in being able to make the right decisions.
- Whatever your background, you’ll know what good quality customer service feels like, and you work with your team to make sure the customer feels they are supported and have access to practical help as you guide them through their claim.
You’ll get plenty from working with Ageas in terms of support, rewards, career development and job satisfaction. From the start, you’ll be eligible to benefit from an internal scheme where your salary is increased at key milestones over a 24 month period as you consistently improve at performing the role. Our range of benefits and development opportunities includes:
- Compensation package linked to company and individual success
- Contributory pension scheme
- Option to buy or sell holiday around your entitlement of 23 days + Bank Holidays rising to 25 days at 3 years’ service
- Discounts on our insurance products
- Practical support in developing your skills for career progression within the organisation and helping you gain recognised industry qualifications.
- Free parking on-site or with our park & ride facility
- Subsidised restaurant.
Ageas provides award-winning insurance solutions in the UK. We distribute Personal and Commercial products underwritten by Ageas Insurance Limited through brokers, intermediaries, affinity partners and through our wholly or part-owned companies trading as Ageas Retail. Insuring around eight million customers in the UK, Ageas is recognised for delivering consistent and high-quality customer experiences. Ageas employs around 4,700 people with offices based across the UK.