Ageas are currently looking for an Infrastructure Engineer - Wintel based out of our Eastleigh office.
The successful person will ensure that the infrastructure environment (Software and Hardware) is configured and managed effectively, in order to provide optimum performance and resilience for Ageas. .
Day to day, you will support, monitor and manage the large volume of infrastructure technologies, including communications, connectivity, software and hardware.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, your responsibilities will be to:
- Contribute to the analysis of technical options and recommend the appropriate technological solutions.
- Develop and maintain the companies’ infrastructure, reviewing, evaluating and being part of a technical team to support projects and BAU activity.
- Ensure that infrastructure integrity is maintained by reviewing the current processes and procedures that are in place before applying any change.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of new technological developments.
- Identify, report and where appropriate manage risk using recognised escalation procedures.
- Represent when required Ageas for all matters pertaining to technical design, implementation, security and strategy. This may require you to liaise with other operating companies, customers, partners and suppliers to ensure that appropriate topologies are implemented.
- Deliver projects within agreed timescales.
- Identify areas for personal development and address these through training.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in Wintel infrastructure arena, i.e. software and hardware.
- Background within a Technical 3rd line support role demonstrating practical experience of troubleshooting and resolving support issues.
- Active Directory/Exchange/VMware experience essential.
- SQL experience - advantageous.
- Network / Iseries / Telephony knowledge - desirable.
- Experience of working within IT in the Financial Services Industry.
- Ability to approach and solve problems in a logical manner, often in a pressurised environment.
- Effective communicator at various levels both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Full UK driving licence - desirable due to occasional travel between UK sites to support BAU or projects.
What we offer you: #AgeasUK
As much as we value our customers, we also value you. So for the position of Infrastructure Engineer you can enjoy a comprehensive range of flexible benefits options - such as a company pension, 25 days’ holiday (buy or sell up to 5 days), a car lease scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance, and an annual bonus. Our people receive childcare vouchers and enjoy discounts on company products and with a wide range of retailers & gyms.