IT Developer: We’re looking for a talented IT Developer to join our busy IT Developer Department. The IT development function stretches across five sites and you’ll be supporting the Development Team Leader and Senior IT Developer in making sure our computer systems and programs are designed, completed and implemented to meet our business and technical requirements.
Here’s an overview of your main responsibilities in your IT Developer role:
- Developing the delegated computer systems, sub-systems or suites of programs to meet the company’s business requirements and IT’s technical requirements within the agreed schedule, thereby providing a quality service to the department’s customers.
- Designing software to meet specified requirements.
- You may be asked to delegate analysis and programming to other resources so you’ll be making sure those resources are effectively used and efficiently controlled.
- You’ll be establishing great relationships so IT can continue to assist in business objectives and user requirements are clearly understood.
- Seeking out new ways to improve productivity and create business opportunities.
- You’ll be responding to help desk queries and identifying problems which need immediate investigations or delegating where necessary to a Trainee IT Developer ensuring minimal business disruption.
- Establishing and maintaining appreciation of new technological and software developments for the benefit of the department and wider company.
- You’ll be ensuring that fair treatment of customers is integral to the operation of area of responsibility, and that effective education, analysis and monitoring takes place so that prompt action can be taken to ensure compliance.
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- Technical: A broad experience in analysis, design, and programming, including exposure to business systems and processes. Knowledge of software development tools in use at Ageas is required.
- Problem Solving/Analytical: Ability to approach and solve problems in a logical manner with minimal guidance.
- Initiative: Proven ability to solve moderately complex queries with minimal input adhering to departmental procedures. Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability and emerging technologies. Keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market.
- Communication: Effective communicator both verbally and in writing, exhibiting good questioning and listening skills in order to identify customer requirements, whilst informing staff of progress and results by use of meetings and presentations.
- Results Orientation: Good organisational skills in order to control and schedule the workload and successfully meet deadlines. Excellent analytical skills, the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, willingness to put extra effort in to meet business critical deadlines.
- Building relationships: Demonstrates the ability to work as a part of a team and foster good working relationships internally and externally. Demonstrates timely and open communication and is diplomatic when dealing with others. Demonstrates the ability to work as a part of a team and foster good working relationships internally and externally. Demonstrates timely and open communication and is diplomatic when dealing with others.
- Customer Service: Proven ability to deliver a service with flexibility to adopt appropriate behaviour given the situation.
- Team working: Experience of being able to work as part of a small team delivering to schedule and budget, and on occasions delegating work as appropriate.
About us #AgeasUK
We’re focused on our people and we embed our values and employer value proposition into all that we do. We train and invest in our people to be the best that they can be and with c.5,500 employees in the UK, that’s a big investment.
Our background is in supplying insurance solutions to eight million customers. Distributing Personal and Commercial products through brokers, intermediaries, affinity partners, the internet and through our own wholly or part-owned companies - brands include Castle Cover, Kwik Fit Insurance Services, Express Insurance and RIAS - and we partner with some well-known brands such as Virgin Money, General Motors and John Lewis. Ageas UK also holds a 50.1% share in Tesco Underwriting, providing home and motor insurance to Tesco Bank customers.