As a Cashiers Assistant you will ensure That £2.0 billion of payments, lodgements and reconciliations are made accurately and in a timely manner. That all queries from customers (both internal and external) are handled in positive and pro-active manner. This is a service to AIL, ARL, AUK, TU and the other group companies.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES of a Cashiers Assistant
To be fully conversant with all aspects of the cashiers function, its operations, systems and processes and be in a position to provide a quality service to all the department’s customers and suppliers (both internal and external).
To ensure that fair treatment of customers (TCF) is always applied to all the operations and processes of the department.
To ensure the 5 daily cheques runs are completed in line with SLA including the recording of issued cheque numbers and stock levels are maintained.
To ensure that manual payments received from the business are processed accurately and approved in line with the various authority matrices and within the required payment date.
To ensure all manual payments are processed accurately to JDE and AP payments are allocated to the correct supplier account.
To ensure the complete and accurate lodgement of all cheque payments received.
To assist with the unallocated cash queues ensuring all outstanding items are identified, followed through and appropriate action is taken to clear them.
To ensure requests for stopped cheques, copies and traces are processed each day.
Maintain the stock of AgeUK paying-in books ensuring they are issued to the TAMs timely.
Maintain the filing of the Cashiering team.
JOB CONTEXT of a Cashiers Assistant
The Cashiers Assistant reports to the AP & Cashiers Team Leader for ensuring completion of all aspects of the department’s responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner.
The AP & Cashiers Department is part of the Finance Directorate of AIL and is managed by the Head of Financial Operations. The Cashier Processor’s main responsibilities are the lodgement of all receipts, processing of daily cheque runs, stop/cancelled cheque requests, traces and petty cash and manual payments. The department in addition to providing a cashiering service to Ageas also provide a full service to Tesco Underwriting.
The department is pivotal to the Company’s and the wider UK group’s operations as it is responsible for the vast majority of all payments and receipts that have to be authorised, allocated and reconciled. There are large numbers of transactions with many very high value items so there is a constant requirement for accuracy and completeness allied to control as errors could have a high impact.
The role will have significant contact with the departmental customers and HSBC and ensure that all queries are resolved and any appropriate lessons are learned. There will be a need to build a partnership trust with the customers and provide a quality service at all times. Continuous reviews of processes, to make them fit for purpose, is required along with keeping systems and controls current and enable them to meet the future challenge.
The job holders are expected to contribute fully to the “Finance Community”, display the Company’s values and instil them in other members of the team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE to be successful as a Cashiers Assistant
- Good keyboard and numerical skills
- Working competency of Excel.
- Good communication skills, written and spoken (ability to be diplomatic, understanding and firm)
- Previous experience of working in an accounting environment is desirable but not essential
- An understanding of the I-Series insurance system (e.g. claims, broker ledgers) is desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of banking processes to follow through transactions (e.g. stopped cheques, traces etc) is desirable but not essential
Here’s some of the perkz our people tell us they enjoy:
- Ageas pay and support in achieving the insurance industry recognised Chartered Insurance Institute qualification.
- Ongoing training is provided in helping support career development such as moving up the career ladder into senior and management roles or moving across functions into our support areas like IT, Marketing or HR.
- Starting with 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, the option is there to buy or sell 5 days holiday.
- Employees are able to pay for a car lease at a discounted rate through their monthly pay
- We offer a large range of health options like dental plans, healthcare plans, life assurance and free eye tests.
- Ageas double the pension payments that employees make.
- We have a wide range of wellbeing and social activities – you’ll find a full calendar all year round!
- You can also receive childcare vouchers and enjoy discounts on Ageas insurance products and with a wide range of retailers.
- If you find getting to work costly, Ageas discount your bus travel and you can pay monthly
We're a leading provider of award-winning insurance solutions in the UK, distributing our Personal and Commercial insurance products through brokers, intermediaries, affinity partners and the internet. We have two consumer brands – Back Me Up and RIAS – and partner with some of the nation’s most well-known brands, such as John Lewis, Age UK, Toyota, Virgin Money and General Motors. We’re also partners in Tesco Underwriting, providing home and motor insurance to Tesco Bank customers.
Insuring around five million customers and working with a range of partners, Ageas are recognised for delivering consistent and high-quality customer experiences. We employ around 4,000 people in UK based offices in Manchester, Stoke, Gloucester, Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Eastleigh and London