We have an exciting opportunity arisen as a Payroll & Benefits Adminstrator to join the team in Eastleigh. You will assist with the processing and delivery of all Ageas UK payroll services in accordance with company and regulatory requirements.
Principal Accountabilities of a Payroll & Benefits Administrator:
Process all the administration associated with the monthly payroll in accordance with the UK schedule.
Provide the BACS submission and print submission on time in line with contractual commitments.
Deliver the monthly checks and controls as required and directed by the Payroll Manager in accordance with the UK schedule.
Provide advice and information to managers and employees in payroll related matters
Carry out the necessary Pensions Auto Enrolment processes and complete the reconciliation and payment of monthly pension contributions to the pension provider
Provide payroll administration as required for the Ageas Flexible Benefits processes
The provision of monthly reports to Ageas Finance depts, EMT and Senior Managers and ad hoc reports in line with business requests
Recommend and implement process improvements at a local level where required working with the wider HR Administration or ER team
Liaising closely with HR colleagues to ensure actions are appropriate and timely regarding employees who are sick, dismissed or absent from work and taking necessary payroll actions
Making monthly payments to third parties - eg HMRC, GAYE and Court Orders -by determined deadlines
Administration of the Eye Care test scheme
Supporting the Payroll Manager in project activities as required
Prompt escalation of any processing or systems issues to the Payroll Manager.
Competencies of a Payroll & Benefits Administrator:
- Previous experience of working in an administration environment where attention to detail is vital
- Must be highly numerate with a good standard of IT skills including word and in particular excel
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload in order to meet critical deadlines, demonstrating flexibility of working hours whenever necessary and possible
- Previous payroll experience and up to date knowledge of HMRC regulations is desirable
- Customer focused and able to handle a range of payroll issues with appropriate sensitivity from simple issues to complex problems.
Performance Measures of a Payroll & Benefits Administrator:
Here’s some of the perkz our people tell us they enjoy:
- We offer a large range of health options like dental plans, healthcare plans, life assurance and free eye tests.
- We have a wide range of wellbeing and social activities – you’ll find a full calendar all year round!
- You can also receive childcare vouchers and enjoy discounts on Ageas insurance products and with a wide range of retailers.
- Park & Ride from 2 sites around the area
- Starting with 23 days holiday plus bank holidays,
We're a leading provider of award-winning insurance solutions in the UK, distributing our Personal and Commercial insurance products through brokers, intermediaries, affinity partners and the internet. We have two consumer brands – Back Me Up and RIAS – and partner with some of the nation’s most well-known brands, such as John Lewis, Age UK, Toyota, Virgin Money and General Motors. We’re also partners in Tesco Underwriting, providing home and motor insurance to Tesco Bank customers.