Trainee Actuary: Do you aspire to join an international organization that is among the top 10 in its industry in the UK? Can you bring together disparate information to make logical and informed recommendations? Are you motivated to build a career with a professional qualification that you can apply to the real world? Then join the Actuarial Team at Ageas as a Trainee Actuary to discover a vocation that is more than you might have imagined.
Our Actuarial team provides a wide range of services across– as our Trainee Actuary you will be involved in management information interpretation. You will also be involved with evaluation of reserves and monitoring claims trends using appropriate actuarial and statistical methods of analysis. Working closely with our Underwriting, Pricing, Finance and Claims departments you’ll also be fully supported along the way. This exposure to multiple technical specialisms across a range of our products will help build your knowledge and expertise and give your career variety and development opportunities
- Assist in the production and interpretation of actuarial and statistical pricing analysis to make recommendations in support of commercial business decision making
- Assist in the evaluation of reserves and monitoring of claims trends.
- Assist in maintenance, research, development and upgrading of new and existing actuarial and statistical models that underpin our corporate pricing decisions.
- Pro-active investigation of data and wider insurance business awareness to support the underwriting and claim functions in identifying current and future areas of interest regarding business performance.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- As a trainee actuary joining our team, you will receive mentors to support you from day one, and it won’t be long before you are making positive contributions and looking to take on additional responsibilities. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture where we work collaboratively to achieve shared goals. As an actuary you’ll learn how to work with uncertainty, and use complex financial and statistical information to identify and present your findings in a clear and simple way.
- Alongside these business experiences will be your professional development as you work towards an internationally recognised qualification. We provide an excellent Study Support Package specifically designed to support Actuaries through their qualifications; this includes study days, fees support and much more.
- Degree in Mathematics/Statistics or equivalent (2:1 or above)
- Strong analytical skills
- Competence using Microsoft Office
Here’s some of the perkz our Trainiee Actuaries tell us they enjoy;
- Starting with 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, the option is there to buy or sell 5 days holiday.
- Employees are able to pay for a car lease at a discounted rate through their monthly pay
- We offer a large range of health options like dental plans, healthcare plans, life assurance and free eye tests.
- Ageas double the pension payments that employees make.
- We have a wide range of wellbeing and social activities – you’ll find a full calendar all year round!
- You can also enjoy discounts on Ageas insurance products and with a wide range of retailers.
We're a leading provider of award-winning insurance solutions in the UK, distributing our Personal and Commercial products through brokers, intermediaries, affinity partners and the internet. We have two consumer brands – Back Me Up and RIAS – and partner with some of the nation’s most well-known brands, such as John Lewis, Age UK, Toyota, Virgin Money and General Motors. We also hold a 50.1% share in Tesco Underwriting, providing home and motor insurance to Tesco Bank customers. Insuring around five million customers and working with a range of partners, we are recognised for delivering consistent and high-quality customer experiences. We employ around 4,000 people with offices based across the UK.