Accounts Assistant: Tesco Underwriting is currently looking for an Accounts Assistant to ensure timely and accurate Accounts Payable entries, including invoices, credit notes, expenses, payment runs and reconciliations.
Working as part of the Finance Operations team of 4, you will need to be proactive and organised to manage your workload and have a passion for getting the job done. There is scope for improvements to the process so if you have previously implemented changes to the general day to day operations then this would be of real benefit.
Main Responsibilities of the Accounts Assistant role:
- Input expense vouchers and invoices accurately onto the accounts payable system, ensuring that expense claims and invoices have been coded correctly and approved in line with delegated authorities.
- Suppliers and personal expense payments are made accurately and timely in line with payment terms.
- Manage the Parity activities to ensure an efficient process with strong controls.
- Reconcile daily and monthly bank reconciliations, dealing with queries as required.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including Cashiers, Claims, and approvers.
- Ensure payment runs are prepared in accordance with approved authorisations and signed in accordance with agreed mandates. Prepare drafts and transfer requests as required.
- Undertake any other projects/tasks as directed by the Finance Operations Manager.
- Provide cover for team when required i.e. holidays.
- Supporting Financial Accountant by taking responsibility for balance sheet reconciliations and month end processes.
Experienced required for the Accounts Assistant role:
- Preferably hold or be working towards a recognised financial qualification, e.g. AAT or equivalent qualification / experience
- Previous experience of working in a technical accounting function, ideally within the insurance or financial services sector.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel is essential.
- Numerate; able to perform accounting/financial reconciliations identifying data errors. Take or agree with the Finance Operations Manager corrective action.
- High computer literacy, previous experience using Access database, Crystal or other reporting tools.
- High degree of accuracy; demonstrates a significant level of attention to detail.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships and build rapport across all levels of the organisation.
- Able to communicate effectively; avoiding financial jargon and acronyms as appropriate.
- Good planning skills; able to prioritise own work to meet agreed schedules and accounting deadlines.
Our Accounts Assistant receive the following benefits:
A comprehensive range of flexible benefits options such as a company pension, 23 days’ holiday, rising to 25 days (buy or sell up to 5 extra days), life assurance, an annual bonus and a Tesco Privilege card giving you 10% discount on shopping with Tesco and Tesco.com. We offer a wide range of discounts with local retailers & gyms.
Tesco Underwriting provides motor and home insurance to Tesco Bank's 1.5 million customers. Our customer’s needs are at the very heart of our business and are central to everything we do. We’re really proud of our values driven and people-focused culture that delivers exceptional standards of work, so we’re looking for people that will live our values, love our culture and deliver to the high standards we live up to. It’s not just what we do it’s the way we do it that really matters to us.